DELL New Mobility App (FREE)
USA & Canada – These instructions will also be placed on the WWTS Tech Portal as an alert and is available on the DELL home page via the Helpnet
Dell has a new mobile app, the Dell Tech Tool, designed for field technicians. Key features of the Dell Tech Tool App include:
- Diagnostic error code reference guide
- Product manuals download
- Barcode scanning
- Help topics/search module
- 8 languages supported
How do I get started?
- If you have Android 1.6 and above, follow steps 1-3 outlinedin images below.
- Download the Dell Tech Tool app by logging onto DTT at https://dtt.dell.com Go to “My Page” and click on the “Mobility App” link under Quick Links
- Follow instructions 4-8 in images below to finish installing the Dell Tech Tool app.
- Once you download the app, follow the directions in the attached Job Aid to get started.
Coming soon – (mid-October)
- Video Streaming (some videos are available as of Sept 30. Full functionality for videos is planned for mid-October)
- DOSD Part Request (for field engineers with DOSD accounts; eligibility requirements will be communicated regionally beginning in mid-October)
- Web App (supported on browsers: Firefox 2.0+, IE 6+, Safari 3 +, Opera 9+, Chrome 1+)
- Win 7 (will change to 7.2+)
- iOS 4.0 (and above)