Job Title: Label Processor/Printer Technician
Location: 2401 SCM Way R.R. 1, Cornwall, Ontario, K6H 7S1
Duration: 6 months
Target Start Date: April 4th 2023
End Date: 6 months after start date
Wednesday night 8:30pm to 7:00am
Thursday night 8:30pm to 7:00am
Friday night 8:30pm to 7:00am
Saturday night 8:30pm to 7:00am
Work hours/Week: 40/week
The purpose of this role is to provide administrative labeling function/role, manual work, limited technical knowledge as this is more of an admin role. Steel-toed boots a must, able to lift 50lbs, and work night shift. There will also be some operations support for the Warehouse Management system, as well as devices used within the distribution Centre. This role also performs clerical logistic duties as required.
- Perform label processing activities (creation of custom labels, sorting, etc.) on a daily/nightly basis
- Perform/assist with Mainframe production runs and reports on a daily/nightly basis
- Complete ad hoc billing jobs (corrections, manual, and ad hoc requirements)
- Assist with system upgrades (e.g., hardware, software), and related duties, including providing support for the Warehouse Management system and Vendor Management systems within the logistics environment
- Assist with/conduct testing/implementation of new systems and services as required and provide feedback during the evaluation and/review of new features, services, software, and hardware as required.
- Prepare site/ support documentation and reports for use by others
- Troubleshooting of printers if required
- Swapping out ink cartridges for printers
- Post-secondary education, College diploma or certificate
- Intermediate knowledge of networked environment
- Nice to have experience in troubleshooting and providing problem resolution on PC workstations and peripheral devices within a Windows/Office product environment and printers
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills, along with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional client service skills
- Demonstrated abilities to multi-task, including solid time management skills.
- Understanding of logistics technology would be an asset