Title: Material Attendant//Forklift operator (Hamilton)
Location: 114 John Street, Barrie ON L4N 2K7
Type: Contract/ 1 year (possibility of extension)
Days/Hours: Mon-Fri 6am-2 pm – start immediately
Start date: April 17th, 2023
Ends: 12 months after the start date
Pay Rate: $22.00/hour
- Needs forklift experience (within the last 2 years)
- Must have computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong Communication skills
- Material Handling experience an asset.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- physical requirements include: Walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting, and carrying material weighing between 10-50 pounds frequently
- Driving a forklift
- Material Order Placement (Create Sales Orders)
- Post Good Issue
- Inventory custodian on behalf of Bell
- Provide inventory services as requested
- Provide over the counter service
- Prepare orders for shipment or delivery
- Prepare all necessary paperwork.
- Returns Processing (Reels and regular materials)
- Surplus management
- Leftover lengths of cable
- Reels determined as junk.
- Secondary metal junking
- Sorting and placement of reels in designated area
- Sort empty pallets
- General yard housekeeping
- All luggers (Same as today)
- Hazardous waste
- Poles containers
- Load and or Unload Cable Reels and other materials (involves physical requirement to move reels)
- Deliveries from common carriers
- Physical verification of material
- Post Goods Receipt
- Packaging material and stationary replenishment.
- Deliver material and pick up returns if required.
- Service issues should be referred to Manager.
- Refer field issues to Field Manager.