How to Pass Your Next Interview
Getting called in for an interview is in itself a victory – it means that your resume was impressive and you are one step closer to that job. Now, the question is how to ace this interview.
We live in a highly competitive world and you need to be at the top of your game to emerge victorious. There are some basic best practices that could take you a long way in passing a job interview.
The founders and employees at PeopleToGo develop various staffing solutions to meet the specific requirements of all kinds of businesses. With plenty of experience in the art of interviewing, we can offer you some of the most effective tips on how to pass your next interview.
Best Practices for Job Interviews
The key to a good interview is preparation. If you have the skills that the recruiter is seeking, the right preparation can give you the edge to outshine all of your competitors.
Here are some best practices that could help you pass your next interview with flying colours:
- Research: No matter what, your first step has to be research. Read up all you can about the company and gather as much information as possible. If you know who is going to be on the interviewing panel, try to find out something about these individuals too. Research also includes preparing answers for questions that might be asked. Potential questions may include:
- Why are you the best candidate for the job?
- Why do you want to work at our company?
- What do you know about this company?
- Practice: They say practice makes perfect. Practising your responses out loud can help with your confidence levels as well as quality. Talk to a friend or record your answers so that you can identify mistakes and improve responses.
- Behaviour and Appearance: You have to dress for the occasion. Smart outfits that radiate confidence are essential. Travel light so you aren’t weighed down by an excessive amount of folders and stationery. Walk with purpose and sit up smartly. When asked a question, it is perfectly acceptable to think about your answer before blurting it out. Interviewers don’t look for the fastest response; they look for the smartest one.
Attending an interview can be stressful and intimidating. It’s important to stay calm and have presence of mind. With over two decades of experience, PeopleToGo can help you find job opportunities that are best suited for your skills.
PeopleToGo is your local choice for IT staffing and recruiting in Canada. Find out how PeopleToGo can help you write an effective resume.