Location: Barrie, ON - prefer someone living in Barrie or lives close to Barrie
Start Date: November 20th, 2023
End Date: 4 to 5 weeks after start date - could be extended and assigned to another project
Pay Rate: $25.00/ hour
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm
Task and Responsibilities:
- Connect each batch of consoles to the preconfigured lap to image.
- Image each machine using preconfigured image.
- Configure hostname, Install QRadar, Tripwire, move PC to correct OU in Active directory, patch OS using SCCM
- Label physical machine setting it aside for NMS Business support to deploy.
- Configure Call Manager extension so each device maps to an extension.
- Configure TMC
- Test Console - At this point, the device is ready for production use.
- Decommission old Windows 8.1 Devices in CMDB and IVCT Domain
- Uncrate all consoles and relocate consoles from shipping to designated staging zone
- Move/deploy console at client user workstation area (Disconnecting and removing old device if applicable)
- Connect all peripherals to ensure each station is configured correctly. (Handset or Headset or both)
- Dispose/recycle of all packing materials and destroy or recycle old machine
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience troubleshooting and repairing computer hardware, software, networked printers, and other computer peripherals
- Working knowledge of personal/MAC computers and troubleshooting techniques for software/hardware and network infrastructure
- Ability to build and configure personal/MAC computers. Knowledge of: imaging systems (such as SCCM), anti-virus systems, Outlook/Exchange, VPN and wireless
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to work independently, as well as, in a team environment
- Strong desire to contribute to process improvement
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical abilities, ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and good technical documentation writing skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Someone who takes initiative and is a self-starter Bilingual in English and French an asset
- Dell certification an asset
- Knowledge of Apple/Macintosh systems a valuable asset