Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: 555 University Ave., Toronto, ON (Hybrid)
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $105,000 - $120,000 annually
Office Hours - 8:30am to 5pm Monday through Friday
Some after hours as scheduled (2 weeks in advance)
Rotation of pager, on call – every 3 weeks
OT paid, pager pay as well
Summary of Responsibilities:
Assist in network design and implementation.
Provide network support with a variety of operating systems.
Provide network support to users.
Provide 24/7 escalated hardware and network support, ensuring quality and speed of problem solving
Develop and monitor policies for the use of network resources.
Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades.
Monitor network to ensure optimal performance.
Create and maintain network users/permissions.
Reviewing and testing new technologies and innovations.
Create technical support documentation
This position is part of a 5 x 8 shift (M-F) and part of a 24x7x365 support schedule. Shift and workday flexibility is required.
Experience in client-facing IT support role, ideally in 7 x 24-hour operation
Reliable technology solutions focused on customer success
Must be vaccinated (2)
Enterprise & D.C. experience
Cisco CCIE or equivalent certifications and experience
o Deploying and Supporting Enterprise Wireless
o Troubleshooting complex issues
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to collate and interpret data from various sources;
· Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly;
· Able to work independently and take ownership of the assigned work;
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a diverse team; and
· Bilingualism (French & English) would be an asset
The following experience would be considered an asset:
· Previous experience using Ansible
· Previous experience in supporting Healthcare
· Previous experience with Palo Alto
· Experience using an ITIL based ticketing systems