Job Title: Help Desk Analyst
Location: 5155 Spectrum Way, Unit 8, Mississauga, ON
Job Type: Contract
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3 to 6 months
Office Hours - Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5pm
The Help Desk Analyst is responsible for:
Ensuring the stable operation of the in-house computer and phone networks. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. The Help Desk Analyst responds and prioritizes inquiries and requests for assistance, identifies, analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves problems with the aim of eliminating recurrences. They will coordinate with the IT Department to resolve problems if necessary
- College diploma or certificate in the field of computer science (or equivalent) is desired.
- Additional, relevant certification is highly advantageous
- Valid Driver’s License and vehicle for the ultimate work location.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a help desk role, supporting users in remote locations
- Working knowledge of Windows networks and Windows operating systems, including Windows 10, Server 2008/2012, Terminal Server and VMware.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including the administration of Office 365, Teams, and SharePoint
- Proven in-depth technical knowledge of Active Directory, Azure AD, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies including Group Policy preferences and methods of authentication.
- Experience administering Microsoft 365 is highly advantageous.
- Technical knowledge of SQL server database administration and maintenance is desired.
- Knowledge of office phone systems, VoIP, Apple and Android smart phones/tablets, and mobile hot spots.
- Assist with server management, including e-mail, file/print and application servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Assist with managing all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and power protection devices.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Assist with the implementation of the Business Continuity Plan.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform system improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal relations and customer service orientated
- Initiative and outgoing
- On-call availability during evenings and weekends to ensure business operation continuity - this is in case of emergency - very very rare but required
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Some travel required to local offices/jobsites