Job Title: Deskside Support Technician
Location: 5201 Explorer Dr., Mississauga, Ontario L4W 4H1 Canada
Duration: 12 months and renewable yearly for up to 3 years
Start Date: November 30th, 2022
Days/Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Pay Rate: $25-28/hr
The Deskside Support Technician - is an intermediate position that performs tasks related to the repair of a variety of technology-based products in an end-user computing environment.
- Performs basic and moderately complex troubleshooting and repair activities, typically associated in an end-user environment, including but not limited to PC’s, desktops, laptops, tablets and printers.
- Provide support to client identified VIPs
- Responds to change management requests including installing new PC equipment, providing end-user desk side support and other related activities.
- Perform Install/Move/Add or Change (IMAC) activities.
- Perform all assigned desk-side support activities
- Display outstanding technical and professional services skills at all times
- Meet - established customer service satisfaction levels and other operational/customer service metrics as outlined in established guidelines
- Proactively communicate with the end-user and service desk personnel regarding arrival times, repair time estimates and status of the repair
- Understands and follows all documented service operations policies and procedures.
- Other duties or certifications may be assigned to meet business needs
Education / Experience Requirments:
- Technical school certification or equivalent of 3-5 years of relevant experience
Certifications / Qualifications:
- Maintain all required OEM Certifications as directed by Management
- Knowledge of relevant software and hardware systems
- Understanding of ITIL methodologies
- A+ certification is desired
- May require additional customer-specific certifications or training as required
- Excellence in communication and customer-facing skills
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow instructions and processes with minimal instruction
- Inventory (asset) management history
- ServiceNow experience
- Desktop trouble shooting experience