Job Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Kelowna, BC
Duration: 6 Months or longer (possibility of perm)
Start Date: September 18th 2023
Days/Hours: Rotation schedule proposed work days and times: [Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Training hours may differ. ***Subject to change with some variation of possible rotation, weekends, nights, OT. Approx. [ADD INFO] travel range. Primary work location Kelowna, BC V1Z 7R4. 100% travel within the territory assigned.
Pay Rate: $24.00/ hourThey don’t have to have any experience with ATMs however, need to have some field/troubleshooting experience:
Paid mileage: $0.55/km - Mileage is paid as soon as the candidate leaves his residence
Plus incremental Bonus - $200 after each 30 days of service
- Must have a valid driver's license?
- Must have reliable vehicle. (remember we are paying them mileage for first 90 days) and upon successful FTE they will be provided a company vehicle.
- Must have valid auto insurance
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs?
- Will be accompanied by a guard/escort somtimes
- Must have basic technician tools
- Will be working with money in a public setting
- Will be working on your knees in an ATM/frequent bending over
- Must be flexible, Nights/weekends/overtime/holidays.
- Must be a fast learner and egar to learn
What is your goal? Many of our new technicians are looking for an opportunity to develop their skills and pursue a career with our nationwide service organization. Our technicians come from all kinds of backgrounds and experience levels. If you are new to the role, our training program will give you all the skills needed to become proficient servicing our ATM, Point of Sale (POS), and other products.
What is the Role? Field Service Technicians respond to basic customer requests for equipment issues. Candidates will be a part of a team and a territory where customer requests will be assigned throughout the day. Using provided tools and repair kits, you will travel to customer sites to resolve the issue. Our entry level technicians respond to 5-8 calls per day across their territory.
Climb the Ladder at Diebold Nixdorf (DN): Are you ready to see how far you can go? There are opportunities to grow and succeed at DN, and we are proud when our people achieve more. It shows the fact that so many of our Field Operations supervisors, managers, and directors started as Field Techs themselves. They know exactly what it takes to thrive and how to best support their team, whether that means onsite backup or being available to talk through issues. Join our apprenticeship program for support moving up with training and experience. Build a strong foundation for a career that progresses as you do.
The benefits are clear: Once you successfully complete the 90 day apprenticeship program and are hired as a DN employee, you will be provided with a company car, uniform clothing, industry leading retirement savings and 401(k) plans, comprehensive healthcare insurance options, dental and vision plans, flexible spending, family leave and paid training and time off – we offer tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and a selection of other programs to support team members and their families.
Physical & Technical Requirements: This is a physical job, so you much have the ability to do the following:
In the Field: Every day brings something different, so Field Techs should be comfortable in a lot of different settings, for example:
- Inside banks and retail establishments
- Outside in all weather conditions, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Consistent and punctual attendance. The ability to work overtime, weekends, second shifts or participate in an on-call rotation when scheduled
- Out of the box thinkers. You must be able to work with little supervision and have the ability to apply common sense, experience, and the theory towards solving and decision making.
Who you are matters here – we’re committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement