Job Title: Intermediate Software Developer
Location: 342 Townline Rd, Niagara on the Lake, ON
This person will rarely have to go to the office (2-3 times per month) and will work remotely most of the time.
Working days/hours: Monday to Friday 40 hours/week and flexible hours
Vacation: 2 weeks - 5 personal days and 10 sick days
Benefits: Comprehensive Medical and Dental Coverage with a Health Spending Account
• Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan (DPS)
• Group Retirement Savings Plan (RSP)
• Education Assistance Program/ Tuition Reimbursement
• Employee Purchase Program
• Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
• Employee Volunteer Program – Paid Time Off for Volunteer Days
For over 100 years, Panasonic has been committed to enhancing the well-being of people, communities, and society. Our technologies and solutions have been developed with one aim in mind: to make live better – simpler, healthier, safer, more enjoyable, and more sustainable. Panasonic Canada Inc. (PCI) is a leading technology provider to businesses, government agencies and consumers across the region. The company leverages its strengths in Living Spaces, Immersive Entertainment, Sustainable Energy, Automated Supply Chains and Connected Solutions to provide lifestyle solutions to consumers as well as secure and resilient integrated solutions for B2B and B2G customers. We are proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2020, 2021 and 2022.
Intermediate Software Developer
Designs and develops high quality and secured desktop, web, mobile and cloud applications on various platforms. Identifies and resolves bugs and issues on local and productions systems. Develops Next-Gen product using cutting edge technologies, and updates existing systems and integrates improvements to the products that are already deployed in the market. Keeps up to date with latest technologies, hardware and software applications, and company product and service offerings. Writes clean, high-quality, and efficient code using relevant software under the direction of dev lead. Assists junior developers through the transfer of knowledge and addressing specific questions. Participates in the team resolution of issues, and communicates issues, solutions, and provides feedback and additional findings to the dev lead.
Please note, office-based work for this position will be based out of Panasonic’s Niagara-on-the-Lake office.
- Provides regular and ad hoc updates, information, answers, and solutions to the lead proactively and on request. Gathers, analyzes, estimates, and processes requirements from dev lead and stakeholders. Prepares detailed documentation and demonstrates proof of concept to confirm business requirements and functional specifications. Adheres to project plans, and deadlines.
- Develops desktop, web, mobile and cloud applications using relevant software. Contributes to design and development of high quality and secured desktop, web, mobile and cloud applications on various platforms.
- Takes responsibility for the requirement gathering, estimation, planning, development, testing, debugging, bug fixing, documentation and production readiness of the products and services that are getting built.
- Stays educated on existing and state of the art technologies and do proof of concept to evaluate technology fits for customer needs. Follows high-quality and efficient software design; and clean and efficient coding practices.
- Solves technical problems, and communicates issues, and solutions to team members, and provides feedback and additional findings to the dev lead.
Provides support to other departments or stakeholders whenever needed. Performs code reviews, performs additional duties when asked by team lead. Attends meetings and provides subject matter expertise. Oversees software releases.
- Resolves escalations and communicates findings to members of the software and management teams. Provides feedback, performs research, prepares documentation, and answers queries/questions from stakeholders and management. Communicates regularly with lead and management.
- Upgrades knowledge and skills in current and emerging technologies.
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- 3 to 4 years of university or college degree in Computer Sciences, with 3-4 years of related application development experience.
- Experience with vb.net, c#, ASP.net core, ASP.net MVC, Web API (restful API), SQL, Multi-tier
- Experience with GitHub, Azure, DevOps, and IIS is required.
- Experience with Desktop and Web application development is required.
- Experience working on Point-of-sale systems would be an asset.
- Excellent problem-solving skilled required
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.