Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: Hybrid On site 75% and remote 25%, University & Dundas
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $105,000 - $120,000 annually
Office Hours - 8:30am to 5pm Monday through Friday
- Some after hours as scheduled (2 weeks in advance)
- Rotation of pager, on call – every 3 weeks
- OT paid, pager pay as well
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assist in network design and implementation.
- Provide network support with a variety of operating systems.
- Provide network support to users.
- Provide 24/7 escalated hardware and network support, ensuring quality and speed of problem solving
- Develop and monitor policies for the use of network resources.
- Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades.
- Monitor network to ensure optimal performance.
- Create and maintain network users/permissions.
- Reviewing and testing new technologies and innovations.
- Create technical support documentation
This position is part of a 5 x 8 shift (M-F) and part of a 24x7x365 support schedule. Shift and workday flexibility is required.
- Experience in client-facing IT support role, ideally in 7 x 24-hour operation
- Reliable technology solutions focused on customer success
- Must be vaccinated (2)
- Enterprise & D.C. experience
- Cisco CCIE or equivalent certifications and experience
o Deploying and Supporting Enterprise Wireless
o Troubleshooting complex issues
- · Strong analytical skills with the ability to collate and interpret data from various sources;
- · Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly;
- · Able to work independently and take ownership of the assigned work;
- · Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a diverse team; and
- · Bilingualism (French & English) would be an asset
The following experience would be considered an asset:
· Previous experience using Ansible
· Previous experience in supporting Healthcare
· Previous experience with Palo Alto
· Experience using an ITIL based ticketing systems