Job Title: Senior Network Solutions Consultant
Location: 55 Renfrew Dr., Markham, Ontario (Mostly Remote with Onsite at clients and or office as required - 1 or 2 times per month)
Hours: 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm
Salary: $120,000 to $160,000.00 (max)
Start Date: January 2/ 2023
Vacation: 4 weeks
The Network Solutions Consultant is a key member of our client’s Professional Services (PS) team. Along with the PS Management team the Network Solutions Consultant provides our client its greatest asset and value-add: its Solutions and Technical expertise.
With deep subject-matter expertise, the Network Solutions Consultant delivers on PS engagements and supports pre-sales opportunities. The Network & Security Solutions Consultant supports the Sales team by developing and aligning technical customer requirements to hardware, software, or professional services solutions by providing Product-specific analysis and insights resulting in recommendations. The Network Solutions Consultant is responsible for the execution of PS consulting and implementation engagements.
Being the primary delivery resource on implementation engagements, the Network & Security Solutions Consultant is responsible for maintaining high levels of technical competency and relevant technical certifications to ensure our client’s delivery is aligned to both their delivery framework as well as Vendor-driven best practices.
Delivery & Pre-Sales
- Delivers consulting engagements (i.e., Assessments/gap analysis, strategies, Architecture, Design, etc.) and implementation projects (e.g., build, upgrade, etc.).
- Installs and configures software and/or hardware according to the design and best practice guideline for product implementation.
- Assists in the proposal process by developing the technical response to RFPs, RVDs, and other sales related vehicles which includes product research, competitive analysis, write-up, architecture & design, and testing in the LA.
- Interfaces with internal and external subject-matter experts to verify the accuracy of the technical deliverables.
- Ensures that company deadlines for assigned vendor certification compliance are met which includes keeping required existing certifications up to date while completing newly assigned certifications.
- Ensures ongoing development on assigned technical and consulting expertise which includes the potential need to attend online, boot camp, ITL, knowledge base, self -study, shadowing, mentoring, webinars, seminars, workshops, or hands-on training in Lab.
- University degree or college diploma in technology and 5+ years of relevant consulting experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Cisco CCIE mandatory
- Cisco CCNP (Routing & Switching or Security or Data Center)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Network and Security Technologies, solutions and concepts.
- 10+ years of professional experience with Network and Security infrastructure architecture, design, and implementation, including:
- Data Center Routing & Switching
- Campus Routing & Switching & Wireless
- Storage Networking (UCS, Nexus 9Ks)
- Security – Firewalls/Intrusion Prevention System (Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Checkpoint)
- Application delivery controllers
- Cisco ISE
- Demonstrated familiarity with Cloud Connectivity (AWS and Azure).
- Demonstrated understanding of virtualization (VMWare), including functionality to new NSX-T replacement deployments. Examples include Cisco, Palo Alto, and others.
- Demonstrated experience present information of a technical nature to all levels of an organization. Including provision of support services and training.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business needs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Experience in working independently and as a team player.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to perform under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Certifications from one or more of the following vendors is considered an asset.:
o F5 (F5-CA/LTM/GTM/APM)
o Brocade (BCNE/BCFP)
o Palo Alto Network (Certified Network Security Engineer)
o ISC (CCSP or CISSP)
Network Virtualization (VCP-NV) certification an asset