Job Title: Senior Solutions Architect
Type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Ottawa or Toronto (100% remote)
Pay Rate: $200,00 to $210,000
Schedule: Monday - Friday - 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
The Solution Architect (SA) will be a technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) and trusted advisor.
You will be a recognized technical thought leader, capable of ‘big picture thinking’ on a solution area/category, with substantive depth on a few core technical/solution elements. The SA, working with the Solution Specialist (SS), will act as the technical authority in term of vendor technologies, products, and services to develop/formulate the solution for an opportunity, or part of the corporate focus solution.
You will bring technical credibility to accounts, present solutions to customers and bring pre-sales and go-to-market support to strategic accounts. You will work closely with the Account Managers for sales pursuits and pipeline growth. Additionally, you will maintain technical vendor relationship with our key partners and stay abreast of the respective new solutions advancements.
- Partners with business leaders to deliver services that support company objectives and that are consistent
- Provide deep subject matter expertise
- Provide technical marketing, thought leadership and related support in pre-sales
- Define and deliver the Go to Market (GTM) strategy and bring to fruition
- Engage in key accounts, develop credibility, and help build out technical solutions
- Create in-depth technical design documentation and corresponding documents (Technical Presentation, Visio Diagrams, Level of Effort (LOE), and Bill of Materials (BOM) and SOWs) within the appointed Digital Discipline and Practices
- Create detailed statements of work based on customer requirements
- Contribute to developing comprehensive project plans based on customer expectations
- Engage and work closely with key OEM vendors and partners
- Attend Customer opportunity/strategy meetings to understand and articulate business and technical strategy for the company and customer
- Provide qualification of designs or opportunities and produce technical architecture/design documentation
- Work closely with OEM vendors and partners to keep up to date with current and future technologies, products, and strategies to manage the ‘cradle to grave’ solution provisions cycle
- Act as Design Authority for nominated key account opportunities
- Work as technical designer on enterprise scale, mission-critical customer projects
- Work with the CTO office to stay current on future technology and services strategy and direction
- Maintain industry awareness through training and self-development
- Engage in, and manage, customer demonstrations and Proofs of Concept
- Development of service offerings, utilizing newly released products having ensured that functionality claims are valid
- Hold and maintain valid OEM certifications as prescribed by Computacenter
- Ensure that proposed solutions are valid and meet Customer expectations
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS) (preferred) or equivalent work experience
- A minimum five (5) years of experience working with hardware, software, and professional services
- Understanding of breadth of technology and adaptable to new technology advancements.
- Technology implementation experience (preferred)
- Expertise in one or more technology disciplines such as enterprise infrastructure, data center infrastructure, cyber security, collaboration, networking and/or Hybrid cloud solutions etc.
- Ability to develop and maintain client engagement and deliver solutions architecture presentations
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with Microsoft Visio, Project, Office, and CRM’s such as Salesforce
- Ability to design in-depth, complex outcome-based solutions involving technical solutions as required
- Relevant industry leading qualification or accreditation in one or more technologies
- In-depth knowledge of IT Infrastructure technology and its business applications
- Demonstrable ability to provide input into commercial/technical documents and to develop solution specific business cases
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Industry leading knowledge in specialist Technology area
- RFx’s are a daily occurrence – must have prior experience in either contributing or leading technical strategy/response.
- Proven technical documentation/writing, able to receive constructive feedback
- Understanding of professional services and services methodology
- Eligible for Secret Clearance