Job Title: Accounting Manager
Location: Niagara Falls, ON - 100% on site
Start Date: ASAP
Days: Monday to Friday
Hours: 8:15 to 5:00 p.m.
Vacation: 3 weeks
Our client designs, markets & sells the highest performing consumer electronics that are smart, simple, and stylish. From high fidelity turntables to wireless video connectivity systems, they create innovative products that empower people. Their success is measured in their customer satisfaction ratings and dedicated following. They have been in business since 1961 and their creations can be found in millions of homes. Together in teams, as a company, as a community, they are committed to Creating What’s Different!
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for maximizing return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- FINANCIAL PREPARATION: Maintain overall responsibility for the planning, direction and execution of all accounting operational functions by preparing accurate monthly financial statements and
- supporting working papers for the company and related holding companies.
- FORECASTING: Provide hands-on expertise and prepare regular cash flow forecast, budgets, forecast, and margin analysis. Annual forecast for up to 3 years due 120 days following month end.
- BUDGETS: Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget
- VARIANCE ANALYSIS: Analyze and report on the company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and budget variances.
- COMPLIANCE: Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and government accounting policies and procedures.
- COMPLIANCE TAX: Develop, monitor and oversee regulatory compliance reporting including GST/HST, corporate taxes, recycling fees etc.
- RELATIONSHIPS: Develop, maintain strong relationship and be the main point of contact with external parties including accountants, bankers and insurance company.
- CONTRACT REVIEW: Provide support in the form as contract reviews and negotiations across the entire organization.
- MANAGER: Responsible for the direct management of the Accounting Team
- PERFORMANCE REVIEW Develop individual performance improvement plans, conduct reviews in monthly one to one feedback and annual review sessions to ensure alignment with corporate vision, mission and objectives
- CROSS TRAINING: Ensure cross training is in place for all roles and responsibilities
- RECRUITMENT: Participate in the recruitment of high-performance staff to the department
- Assertive yet friendly enough to constructively share thoughts, issues and solution options with the Managing Director regarding the business, team member issues and demonstrate objectivity
- Enjoys the challenge in problem solving and continuous looking for areas of to improve efficiencies and grow the business.
- Mentoring, coaching and supporting team members and encouraging others to give their best performance. To help drive a culture of challenging the status quo.
- Keen ability to identify opportunities to streamline and document processes, creating efficiencies and cutting unnecessary costs.
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office software (Excel in particular- VLOOKUP, Index/Match, Pivot tables, If Statements) and is able to learn how to use systems quickly and effectively.
- Well-developed financial and business analysis skills and up-to-date financial accounting knowledge - ASPE.
- Maintain a high level of trust and safeguarding of confidential information.
- Strong sense of project management, organization and risk mitigation
- Years of experience: 10+ years in a related field - i.e.: Accounting and Finance and at least 5 years of leadership experience supervising 3+ co-ordinators
- Netsuite ERP/any other ERP - 3 years
- Microsoft Dynamics
- MS Excel - Intermediate to Advanced skills - Able to do V look-up, Pivots, work with Formulas, etc.
- Must have work experience with US currency
- Must be highly organized and able to lead a team
- Nice to have experience working in e-Commerce industry
- Undergrad in accounting, finance, or a related field
- CPA designation required