Job Title: Bilingual IT Field Maintenance Technician - Entry Level
Type: Contract- 3 months or longer
Location: NCR Office – 8110 E TRANS CANADIENNE VILLE ST LAURENT Montreal Quebec H4S 1M5 Canada
Covered Territory: The technician will be covering the following areas: Montreal East, Downtown Montreal, and South Shore.
Working Hours: Rotational shift, 8 am-10 pm (8 hours/ day)
Target Start date: ASAP
- Completing Preventive Maintenance at Retail End Clients
- Be responsible for basic installation, maintenance, and repairs on equipment within an assigned territory—all while keeping customers completely assured and satisfied. (And in compliance with agreed upon Service Level Agreements, of course.)
- Wield your manual skills and perform work on products like ATMs, POS systems, kiosks, single-pocket proof encoders, and workstations.
- Assist in site preparation, including installation of cable, staging of equipment, and minor testing of equipment.
- Be a guardian of all NCR assets used in the delivery of customer services (that’s tools, software, vehicles, documentation, and intellectual property). This means you’ll maintain stellar records and an appropriate parts inventory.
- Capture customer information so that we can complete any invoicing and stay in contact to make sure we’re providing the best possible service
- Good communication skills in French and English
- Technical Diploma/degree or equivalent
- Nice to have field experience
- Must have a reliable vehicle (Mileage will be compensated).
- Valid driver's license with clean driving history
- Must be bilingual
Nice to Have:
- POS experience
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS:
- Someone who just can’t help resolving problems before they start. We don’t know how you do it. But keep it coming. Because you’ll be a superstar when it comes to performing periodic preventative maintenance.
- You are driven to tackle any situation thrown at you, but also confident enough to ask for help when you need it. So if you’re ever feeling stuck in your role as a Service Tech, you’d always pull in the proper associate, team member, or territory manager who can help.
- A stickler for record-keeping. This comes in handy when you’re asked to log all customer calls and activity, plus track all expenses incurred in the delivery of services (like phone calls or driving).
- A High School diploma or equivalent (though we’d prefer an associate degree).
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in both French and English
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows XP, and Windows 2000.
- Amazing flexibility and a positive attitude. No. Matter. What. (We’re talking about some nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts, and being on call to keep our customers happy.)
- Your team in mind, even when you must work solo.
- A strong back. This position may require prolonged travel, rotating shifts, carrying and lifting tools and parts weighing up to 50 lbs., and bending, squatting, walking, standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
Monday to Sunday (Rotation) - 8 am to 10 pm (8 hours a day)