Job Title: Bilingual Level 3 Support Technician
Location: 100% remote
Start Date: ASAP
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday 12:00pm to 9:00pm - Every 4 weekends on call
Pay: $55,000 to $60,000
Benefits: Starts right away on day 1 - Healthcare and Dental
Vacation: 3 weeks vacation; pro-rated 1st year
Bonus: up to 8% for this role and annual salary review
Role: The role will work on support, deployment, installation, and upgrade of PC workstations, tablets, printers (laser and thermal), peripherals as well as associated operating system and application software at the desktop level, including troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software failures.
Certification on HP and/or Lexmark Printers would be a big asset.
- Providing technical support to field technicians via phone, email, and remote assistance
- Remote assist postal employees to replace/swap POS equipment and cables
- Configure and stage POS equipment for postal outlets
- Bench repairs of POS equipment (laser printers, receipt printers, label printers, payment devices, PC’s, hand held scanners, scales, cellular modems, tablets)
- Service POS equipment within assigned territory using company rented vehicle, with the goal of keeping our customers completely assured and satisfied.
- Perform hardware maintenance and installation at customer locations.
- Updating ticketing application(s), spreadsheets, and support call details
- Support field technicians and perform non tech/remote installs with the customer
- Deploy desktop and peripherals following deployment documentation and checklists
- Perform complex hardware and/or software upgrades to existing equipment
- Utilize a strong set of troubleshooting skills to determine and resolve the root cause of most hardware or software malfunctions at the desktop level
- Perform moves, adds, changes of computer POS equipment
- Understand and carry-out deployment according to strict guidelines
- Bilingual (English/French) written and verbal communication skills
- College or University education in Electronics or Computer Science
- A+ Certification
- Two (2) years of related job experience (field or depot)
- Manufacturer certifications would be a definite asset
- Experience repairing LCD/Touchscreen, PCs and printers
- Technical support experience an asset
- Experience with MS office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Must be willing to participate in the weekend on-call rotational schedule
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. on a regular basis