Job Title: Field Service Technician
Location: Quebec City, Quebec
Start Date: January 3, 2021
Duration: 6 months contract, possibility of extension
Hours: Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week. Start time could vary between 5 am and 10 am depending on volumes.
Reporting directly to the Field Services Manager, the Field Service Technician will interface directly with Customers, to ensure success in the install and/or resolution of technical matters, system software and or hardware failures, product performance issues and user quality improvements. This role will also include delivery of field based preventive maintenance services. This individual must deliver service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention, and increases profitability.
- Perform intermediate-to-advanced hardware break-fix services on POS equipment and peripherals, PCs, laptops, network printers, and servers, etc.
- Perform intermediate-to-advanced IMAC (installs, moves, add, changes) services: hardware rollouts, refreshes, and other hardware deployment related activities on PCs, laptops, printers, POS devices, etc.
- Handle software installation/support/upgrades.
- Perform intermediate-to-advanced deskside support services installing and troubleshooting hardware, software, and network related issues.
- Perform basic LAN and internetworking related activities.
- Respond/update/close calls from National Dispatch/Call Management Center.
- Perform warranty service calls both commercial and residential clients. DispatchUs will reimburse for cost of certification.
- Perform other types of service calls from our Dispatch/Call Center as required
- Lead projects and train resources with the assistance of the Project Management Office. Work closely with the Operations team to maximize utility and complete calls or projects as required.
- Certify/upgrade skillset as required when new customers or technology is introduced.
Training Requirements upon hire
- Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict Resolution
- Communication Strategies
- Delivering Constructive Criticism
- Teamwork and Team Building
- Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps https://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/elearn/worker/foursteps.php
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training https://www.aoda.ca/free-online-training/
- Bill 168: Workplace Harassment and Violence Prevention
- A valid driver’s license with a clear driver abstract and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drivers abstract.
- Available to work flexible work schedules.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to complete tasks effectively with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Self-starter and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must provide your own IT tool kit and laptop, if possible.
- Must have A+ certification.
- Strong POS repair experience a bonus.
- IT diploma from a recognized school, at minimum.
- Dell DCSE certification a bonus (offered by PTG/DU).
- 1 – 2 years POS experience completing hardware rollouts, refreshes, and other deployment related activities. (IBM, Fujitsu, Wincor-Nixdorf, Toshiba), is an asset.
- Other vendor certifications from OEMs (Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo, HP), an asset.