Field Service Technician Thompson, Manitoba (Independent Contractor)
Are you looking for additional revenue or to establish and grow your business based on your availability?
**This role is on-call/piece work and service level varies based on demand**
We currently require incorporated or sole proprietor service providers who are reliable and enthusiastic with a commitment to delivering exceptional customer service to our clients.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining desktop/laptop, point of sale equipment and peripherals, printers, monitors, entertainment systems etc.
- Perform hardware break-fix services on PCs, laptops, network printers, and servers, etc.
- Perform IMAC (installs, moves, add, changes) services: hardware roll-outs, refreshes,and other hardware deployment related activities on PCs, laptops, printers, POS devices, etc.
- Handle software installation/support/upgrades.
- Perform deskside support services installing and troubleshooting hardware, software, and network related issues.
- Perform basic LAN and internetworking related activities.
- Respond/update/close calls from National Dispatch/Call Management Center.
- Perform warranty service calls both commercial and residential clients.
- Perform other types of service calls from our Dispatch/Call Center as required
- Certify/upgrade skillset as required when new customers or technology is introduced.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Must be a sole proprietor or incorporated
- Must have A+ Certification
- Have 2 - 3 years of IMAC (installs, moves, add, changes) services relating to laptops, printers, POS devices, etc.
- Have 2 - 3 years of break-fix experience
- Have 2 - 3 years of deskside support experience
- Have 2 - 3 years of printer experience
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must have a minimum of an IT diploma from a recognized school
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle at all times
- Must have exceptional customer service skills
- Must have good communication skills
- May have other vendor certifications from OEMs (Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo, HP).
- Must be available to work flexible work schedules
DispatchUs is a market leader with over 14 years of experience managing IT projects in major urban and remote locations across North America. As part of the PeopleToGo brand (experts in technology staffing), DispatchUs has a track record of delivering quality and on-time service with a win-win approach for our clients and service providers.
What’s in it for you?
- Prompt payment
- Skills and experience upgrade