Position: Deskside Support Technician
Experience required: Min 3 yrs
Location: 150 King St – 9th floor – On-site each day
Type: Contract (3 months with the possibility of renewal)
Start Date: ASAP
Shift hours: Mon-Fri- 7 am to 4 pm or 8 am to 5 pm
Reports: To I.T. Manager
Hours: 40 hrs per week
Purpose: The candidate shall be the on-site support resource for our esteemed client's Toronto office.
The individual for this role will be responsible for enabling the internal customers to effectively use technology by performing local workplace support activities to a proficient level.
It is expected after a defined period of time, the individual will hold a strong technical appreciation of the client's core desktop operating system, applications, and services, processes, policies; supporting normal operational service is returned as quickly as possible or new technology is delivered in adherence to company’s internally agreed business service levels.
- Acts as an ambassador for IT by achieving the right balance between customer satisfaction and efficiency.
- Creates value by enabling internal customers in their daily work, owning incidents and IT requests, resolving and communicating on a timely basis.
- Individual must be strongly customer-focused, and team orientated for the delivery of exceptional service and superior value.
- Previous working experience using best practice IT service management tool sets in relation to effectively handling service tickets.
- Good command of English language (and locally spoken language if different).
- Experience of cross-functional working and cultural sensitivity.
- Monitor our area queue for both Incidents and Tasks via our ticketing system Service-Now.
- Process New Hires and Off-Boardings tasks for New Hires including but not limited to the Toronto offices as well as Teleworkers within the areas we cover.
- Handling of Incidents and Requests according to process guidelines within the company's management tool (“SNOW”).
- Handles standard “Request Fulfilment: tasks, including but not limited to: workplace hardware installations, software deployments, delivery of mobile devices and workplace peripheral items.
- Arranging the repair of any broken hardware within manufacturer's warranty and with preparing retired equipment for asset disposal.
- Occasional involvement in other types of IMAC/request fulfilment tasks, including but not limited to: desk moves, print device relocations and local event setup/support.
- Assists with customer friendly, clear communication and timely feedback to the originator of outstanding Incidents and Requests.
- Manages the escalations of the issues, working closely with the senior team members and other services teams as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to monitor and prioritize workloads. Is able to overcome obstacles in order to achieve their goals and objectives working; efficiently, independently and as part of a team.
- "Smart Hands” service is to provide local ‘hands and eyes’ technical support in order to assist with remote troubleshooting tasks, by providing visual verifications and hands on support under the direction of remote expert teams.
- Remote authorized parties may request Field Services to assist in the local onsite.
- Testing following a change or restoration of service, installing and the decommissioning of uncomplicated infrastructure hardware.
- Technical Disciplines - Windows 10 Enterprise Operating System (64bit)
- Provisioning and supporting all Swiss Re workplace hardware, including but not limited to:
Lenovo docking stations
Monitors (Samsung and Lenovo)
HP print and multifunctional devices
Peripheral items such as: keyboards, mice, telephone headsets, notebook docking stations and power supplies
- Standard Application Support:
Microsoft Office 365
- Mobile device support:
Working knowledge of switches and routers
Understanding of network cabling and patching
- Previous Experience Minimum three (3-5) years' experience working within an IT customer service environment providing a proficient standard of support in relation to the above job description and disciplines. .