Title: Service Technician/Warehouse
Location: 1290 Old Innes Road, unit 707, Ottawa, ON, K1B 5M6
100% on site
Start Date: ASAP
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM with 1 hour lunch
Salary Range: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00
Vacation: 3 weeks
Benefits: Career Development and tuition reimbursement program, Health/Dental/Life Benefit programs, EAP Program, RRSP Program (company matches at 50% of whatever the employee contribute up to a maximum of $1000 each year.
Our client is serving for over 35 years in the Abatement, Restoration, Industrial Safety and Surface Preparation market. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic team player to fill an open Service Technician position.
The successful candidate must demonstrate attention to detail, ability to learn quickly (including ability to self-learn), and excellent oral and written communications skills; be well organized and efficient handling of incoming and outgoing goods. Work collaboratively in a team environment. All duties are to adhere to all company policies, procedures and company code of ethics.
- Customer Focus/ Service Orientation
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving/ Critical Thinking
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Results Orientation
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Demonstrate a “fire in the belly” attitude, the initiative to take the time to learn product and service offering, and the desire to take advantage of training opportunities provided by the company.
- Work co-operatively and support all internal partners (Operations, Inside and Outside Sales Teams) and contribute to achieving monthly and annual sales and operational targets.
- Assessment of equipment for the purpose of providing repair quotes in a timely manner
- Equipment installation in trucks or trailers.
- Communicate effectively with customer regarding repair check-ins, quotes, approvals and timelines.
- Approved repair and maintenance of customer or company owned equipment (such as: floor scrappers, air blowers/movers, dehumidifiers and installation of Truck Mounts for Carpet Cleaning)
- Check out/check in, clean and maintain rental equipment following company operating procedures
- Work collaboratively with sales/operations team to set up equipment demonstrations
- Handle customer calls to troubleshoot or repair equipment
- Maintain all open service work orders
- Ensure adequate stock levels of parts (Parts inventory)
- Maintaining a clean, well-organized and safe work area
- Ensuring that all appropriate safety regulations are being followed both with regards to personal safety and safety of inventory
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and Company code of Ethics
- Follow all safety and operational procedures
- The service technician is responsible for the loss and maintenance of his tools.
- Perform other duties as required which could include:
- Warehouse duties which includes: Receiving, picking orders, shipping orders in the most cost efficient manner and outside delivery driving.
- Customer Service duties includes, but not limited to: Review open orders and back orders and following up with vendors on back orders timely manner; Invoice and file packing slips etc.
- Any other projects/duties as assigned
- Electrical and/or General Automotive experience will be an asset
- Knowledge in the abatement, restoration, construction or general safety industries would be an asset
- Excellent oral communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Efficient problem solving skills
- Ability to use computerized software
- Keen attention to detail
- Physically able to meet requirements of the job which may include, working in confined spaces, lifting heavy equipment, and bending down frequently
- The ability to work in a fast paced team environment and manage multiple priorities
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Physical requirements include: Walking, bending, reaching, stretching, climbing ladders, lifting 50 pounds, visual acuity to read bar code labels and location labels
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Growth opportunities
- Career Development and tuition reimbursement program
- Health/Dental/Life Benefit programs
- EAP Program
- RRSP Program