Title: Service Technician
Location: 326 – 68th Street E, Saskatoon, SK, S7P 0E3
100% on site
Start Date: ASAP
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM with 1 hour lunch
Salary Range: $23 to $25/hour ($47,840.00 - $52,000.00 annually)
Vacation: 3 weeks
Benefits: Career Development and tuition reimbursement program, Health/Dental/Life Benefit programs, EAP Program, RRSP Program (company matches at 50% of whatever the employee contribute up to a maximum of $1000 each year.
Assessment: Cognitive and Behavioral to be done before first interview
Safety Express Ltd, an Aramsco Company, has been serving its clients for over 35 years in the Abatement, Restoration, Industrial Safety, Professional Cleaning and Surface Preparation market.
As a Service Technician, you will be responsible for providing repair and maintenance services to our valued customers. This position requires a strong aptitude for problem-solving, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, ability to learn quickly, be well organized and efficient handling of incoming and outgoing equipment. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals who thrive in challenging and rapidly changing work settings.
- As a service technician, your primary role is to install, maintain, repair, and troubleshoot various types of equipment or systems. The specific job description may vary depending on the industry or field you work in, but here are some common responsibilities and tasks associated with a service technician:
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Equipment Installation: Install new equipment or systems according to specifications and guidelines provided by the manufacturer or client. This may involve assembling components, connecting wiring, and configuring settings
- Maintenance and Inspection: Perform routine maintenance tasks to ensure the proper functioning of equipment. This may include cleaning, lubricating, adjusting, and replacing worn-out parts. Conduct regular inspections to identify potential issues or areas that require attention; including company provided tools and equipment to perform tasks.
- Repair and Troubleshooting: Diagnose and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions or breakdowns. Identify the root cause of the problem and implement appropriate repairs or replacements. This may involve testing equipment, using diagnostic tools, and consulting technical manuals or documentation.
- Customer Service: Interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner. Respond to service requests, answer questions, and provide guidance on equipment usage, maintenance, and troubleshooting. Ensure customer satisfaction by resolving issues effectively and efficiently.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate records of service activities, including repairs performed, parts used, and customer interactions. Generate service reports, work orders, and other relevant documentation. Communicate findings, recommendations, and updates to supervisors, colleagues, or clients as required.
- Safety and Compliance: Adhere to safety guidelines and protocols while working with equipment or systems. Follow industry standards and regulations to ensure compliance with quality, environmental, and safety standards.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated with the latest advancements, technologies, and industry trends related to the equipment or systems you work with. Participate in training programs, workshops, or certifications to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- Perform other duties as required which may include: Warehouse, Deliveries and DOP Testing
- Invoiced hours 65% of total hours
- First-Time Fix Rate - successfully resolves the issue on the first visit in 80% to 90% of cases (quality of repairs, troubleshoot
- Utilization Rate – turnaround time on repairs including accurately logging parts used
- Adherence to our Safety culture