Job Title: Sheet Metal Fabricator
Location: 1140 Blair Road, Burlington, Ontario - 100% on site
Hourly Rate: $25.00 to $30.00/hour depending on level of experience
Schedule: Monday - Friday - 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM - Some overtime may be required
- Reading and interpreting engineering blueprints.
- Constructing base templates if necessary.
- Measuring and marking out cutting and bending lines.
- Setting up metalwork machinery including rollers, drill presses, flame cutters, brakes, and shears.
- Double-checking design specifications before commencing with cutting work.
- Fabricating and constructing metal components.
- Grinding and finishing completed products.
- Performing quality checks on completed products.
- Conforming with company safety regulations.
- Completing job reports.
- Working with mostly aluminum,
- Mig aluminum welding,
- Fitting, cutting, shearing, break work
- Working with extrusions,
- Some steel welding,
- Use of tools radial arm saw,
- Hand tools pneumatic,
Skills and Experience Required:
- Welding trade school or equivalent experience
- AWS certification and advanced welding experience.
- 10+ years of welding experience/sheet metal fabricator experience
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design and manufacturing procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprints.
- Proficiency with metal fabrication tools including shears, rollers, flame cutters, and drill presses.
- Advanced mathematical and engineering skills.
- Ability to lift and manipulate large metal objects.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Mechanically inclined
- Math skills for measurements
- Excellent physical endurance
- Detail oriented
- Safety Oriented
- Critical Thinking
- Sign experience major asset
- Safety Shoes required