Job Title: Sign Installer
Location: 1140 Blair Road, Burlington, Ontario - 100% on site
Hourly Rate: $26.00 to $36.00/hour depending on level of experience
Schedule: Monday - Friday - 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM - Some overtime may be required
- Ensuring that signs meet clients' specifications in terms of spelling, font, size, and medium.
- Loading and transporting signs, tools, and materials to the location safely.
- Preparing the site for installation by removing old signage, preparing the surface or structure, and securing the electrical connections.
- Ensuring the effective measurement, placement, connection, and installation of the sign.
- Mounting and installing the signs in accordance with all safety protocols.
- Clearing debris and materials from the site after each installation.
- Performing maintenance and repairs to signs, as needed.
- Operating and maintaining the tools and equipment in accordance with safety protocols.
- Crane operation 40` Elliott and 60 ` Elliott,
- small 38` aerial
- Use of hammer drill
- Concrete working, a bonus
- loading and unloading
- Coordinate with others in the sign installation process
- Monitoring of operations
- Control the operation of systems and equipment
Skills, Experience and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Good knowledge of various types of signs including vinyl, channel letters, electrical signs, and road signs. Pouring bases is a bonus.
- A sound understanding of the applicable installation methods, materials, and safety measures.
- The ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Physically fit and able to perform strenuous labor including lifting, climbing, and working at heights with finesse
- Ability to work in all types of weather (rain, sun, wintery mix – snow gear provided)
- Working at heights certification
- The ability to work in harsh weather conditions.
- Willingness to work during evenings and on weekends, a bonus.
- Driver’s license G class- Vehicle provided
- Five years Experience at a reputable sign company preferred
- Mathematically inclined for measurement skills (Tape measure reading)
- Mechanically inclined
- Safety Oriented
- ability to adapt and improvise
- Active Listening
- Active Learning
- Any electrical experience helpful
- Safety shoes required