Job Title: Technical Support Specialist
Duration: 1-3 Month/6-12 Month
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Start date: November
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday/ 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Occasional evenings and weekends may be required)
· This is the first point of contact for technical support service requests.
· Our Technical Support Specialist spends their day fielding incoming support chats, calls and online requests on behalf of the team and its regional partners as well as maintaining network devices such as printers, computers, phones and mobile devices.
· You will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests.
· You will also be committed, flexible, and have demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of productivity while maintaining quality support.
· Provides comprehensive technical support to the team and regional partners
· Research, resolve, and respond to inquiries received via web chat, telephone calls, email, ticketing system, all in a timely manner, in accordance with team standards.
· Diagnose and troubleshoots end user computing problems including analyzing the problem, identification of appropriate resources, testing of proposed fixes and follow-up to ensure the problem has been resolved.
· Maintain the various objects within the Active Directory and MS Exchange environments.
· Creates and submits detailed call logs documenting customer interactions that are accurate, thorough, and timely.
· Coordinate and conduct various hardware setups and deployments with users.
· Maintains device assets such as printer, computers, phones and mobile devices, and ensure they are secure and up to date.
· Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) through the effective use of Knowledge management.
· Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
· Assists with activities to triage and escalate any system or network outage to reduce downtime.
General IT Responsibilities:
· Provide Administrative duties for the department including; note taking, technical writing and basic administrative tasks.
· Participates in the IT department on-call rotation for after-hours support.
· Promotes a work environment that fosters positive team work and responsibility
· Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Manager or Director of Information Technology.
· Education: Required: Successful completion of a recognized post-secondary education certificate/diploma in Information Technology related field- CompTIA A+ certification
· Considered an Asset: Microsoft Certification MCSE, MCSA, Azure Administrator Associated, but not limited to the listed Microsoft certifications. o CompTIA Network+ and Security+ Advanced Linux systems administration skills.
· ITIL Foundation Certification Experience: 2+ years of experience desk-side support environment
· Previous experience Help Desk support preferred Competencies:
· Must have knowledge in Microsoft Windows 10 and additionally one or more of the following: Mac OS X, Linux.
· Strong verbal and written skills proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
· Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
· Display a commitment to quality and strong multi-tasking skills
· Adherence to shift schedules and timeliness are key requirements
· Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling, weekends, and holidays
· Strong troubleshooting skills of complex systems
· Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms Other:
· Demonstrates commitment to continued professional and personal growth and development through Continuing Education Programs and Self Directed Learning Opportunities.
*Successful candidate must be fully vaccinated against Covid 19*
· Encourage and maintain positive employee/employer relationships within the work environment in accordance with the teams Vision, Mission and Values: Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Engagement.
· Internal: Interacts with building staff via face to face, telephone and email.
· External: Interacts with key stakeholders via face to face, telephone and email as required.
· Professional office environment within a clinical setting.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling up to 30 pounds
- Standing, walking, sitting