Job Title: Telecommunications Engineer/Contact Center Specialist
Type: 1-year contract (12 months)
Start date: ASAP
End Date: 12 Months After Start Date
Location: Full time dedicated - Remote - Prefer GTA
Pay Rate: $65-80 CAD/hr
Days/ Hours: Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm EST
Hours per Week: 40
This role will be responsible for managing and administering the Cloud Communications Platform, collaborating with the solution provider and business function units on ongoing support. The omni-channel platform includes Voicemail, Call Detail Recording, Paging interfaces, Call Center and Operator software, Call Routing, and other features. In this position, the employee will also identify, research, and resolve technical problems in conjunction with the Infrastructure and IT Support team.
You will be responsible for the configuration and maintenance of our Contact Center & Unified Communications Technology Stack including integrations with systems, both internally and externally, and our data analytics tools. Special emphasis will be on the configuration, setup of new services, and implementation of advanced features on the Cloud Platform – Including design, scripting, reporting, Interactive Voice Responses (IVR), omnichannel, dashboards, and our Automatic call Distributor (ACD).
The successful candidate will collaborate with vendors and internal customers, including the business leaders responsible for project related activities, e.g., site surveys, design, training and go live scheduling, etc., to deliver advanced telecom solutions which meet the needs of their employees and customers.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure engineers and vendor technical team to design and implement omni channel solutions and architecture to support IMG staff and CC
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for IMG’s evolving telecom VOIP architecture. This includes ensuring appropriate performance, capacity, resiliency, security practices and redundancy for all platforms including cloud hosted solutions.
- Work independently acting as relationship manager with internal business partners and vendor team to ensure optimal performance of cloud communication platform.
- Work with Infrastructure and IT Support team to provide system administration to insure the appropriate support and maintenance of the cloud communications platform.
- Monitor systems to ensure appropriate performance and SLA's are not violated. Provide weekly and ad hoc system performance reports to management.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to telecom and applications
- Represent the Infrastructure Team on the design, build and operation of disaster recovery and business continuity resiliency program.
- Facilitate the implementation of appropriate change management procedures following formal and informal processes when implementing production system changes.
- Ensure timely resolution of incident management events and request fulfillment in accordance with defined Service Desk policies and procedures.
- Be cognizant of network for capacity, bandwidth, traffic peaks, performance, and availability of Contact Center infrastructure to recommend improvements in technologies and practices to improve efficiency and metrics
- Lead and manage operations of all components of enterprise contact center and telephony infrastructure across internal and outsourced contact centers to deliver best-in-class customer experience
- Implement standard operating procedures & policies (including data stewardship, cleansing, and audits, testing) with oversight of quality, standard performance metrics, service level requirements, and dashboards of platform performance
- Develop and maintain documentation and workflows for call routing and telephony routing
- Effectively drive operational performance of managed service providers (telephony vendors) for efficient coordination during troubleshooting, technology, or process change efforts related to core technology and applications
- Ability to produce documentation of all configurations and, designs knowledge of building reports including call detail records (CDR), productivity, sentiment, and dispositions.
- Responsible for upgrades and patches as needed
- Assist with adding and removing users
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Telephony platforms (in particular, Cloud Contact Center platforms and business VOIP systems), reporting and analytics for Cloud Contact Center platforms and Contact Center routing
- Desirable experience engineering and implementing all or some of the following application modules: setting up call flows, users, user groups, call detail recording; paging; server builds; voicemail
- Experience managing POTS, SIP or PRI circuits along with porting to and from circuits.
- Advanced knowledge of voice and/or non-voice customer interaction flow design.
- Proven experience in capturing, documenting, and supporting end users’ requests, as well as working as a key element bridging the needs of the business with the IT capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to utilize management tools, assuring performance, and interfacing with vendors
- Proficiency with Cloud technology platforms, NiceinContact CX1, Zoom, Talkdesk, MsTeams as UC
- Understand product and software life cycle and capacity planning for telecommunications applications
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills