Job Title: Bilingual Deskside Support Technician
Location: West Island In - 1000 place Jean-Paul Riopelle Montreal - H2Z 2B3
Duration: 10 Months with possibility of extension
Start Date: ASAP - replacing resource that was terminated
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM / 9 AM to 5 PM
-100 percent on site
Pay Rate: $26.00/hour to $29.00/hour Term
The Bilingual Deskside Support Technician - is an intermediate position that performs tasks related to assisting employees with refreshing equipment and issuing new mobile phones.
- Performs basic and moderately complex troubleshooting and repair activities, typically associated in an end-user environment, including but not limited to PC’s, desktops, laptops, tablets and printers.
- Provide support to client identified VIPs
- Responds to change management requests including installing new PC equipment, providing end-user desk side support and other related activities.
- Perform Install/Move/Add or Change (IMAC) activities
- Prepare workstations for new employees
- Coordinate recouping equipment when employees leave
- Prepare workstations when refreshing hardware
- Keep equipment inventory
- Assist employees when refreshing equipment
- Assist employee when issuing a new mobile phone.
- Perform all assigned desk-side support activities
- Display outstanding technical and professional services skills at all times
- Meet - established customer service satisfaction levels and other operational/customer service metrics as outlined in established guidelines
- Proactively communicate with the end-user and service desk personnel regarding arrival times, repair time estimates and status of the repair
- Sometimes helping with AV related rooms
- Understands and follows all documented service operations policies and procedures.
- Other duties or certifications may be assigned to meet business needs
- Typically requires technical school certification or equivalent of 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Use Sharepoint, Intune and SCCM
- Excellence in communication and customer-facing skills
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow instructions and processes with minimal instruction
- Inventory (asset) management history
- Desktop trouble shooting experience
- Enterprise level job experience
- Bilingual is a must have
Certifications and/or Qualifications:
- Maintain all required OEM Certifications as directed by Management
- Knowledge of relevant software and hardware systems
- Understanding of ITIL methodologies
- A+ certification is desired
- May require additional customer-specific certifications or training as required